Connecticut Consumer Credit Attorney Discusses The Right to an Accurate Credit Report
I have clients come to me as a Connecticut Consumer Credit Attorney wanting an accurate credit report. The accuracy of your credit report is essential because it categorically results in the credit score given to you by the 3 credit reporting agencies. Because of this, Congress passed the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I advise my clients as a Connecticut Consumer Credit Attorney that this act provides consumers with the right to make sure that an honest and accurate credit report is maintained by all credit reporting agencies and that there are systems in place under the act by which consumers can dispute and attempt to fix inaccuracies in their credit report.
If you need assistance with an accurate credit report, contact our experienced Connecticut Consumer Credit Attorney.
- The Importance of Credit Reports
- Obtaining a Copy of Your Credit Report
- Preventing Identity Theft with a Credit Report
- Items that Can Negatively Impact Your Credit Score
- Common Credit Report Errors
- How to Dispute an Inaccurate Item on a Credit Report
- The Time Length of Negative Items on Your Credit Report
- How to Add a Note to a Credit Report