New Haven County Debt Relief Attorney Explains How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector
As a New Haven County Debt Relief Attorney I often get questions about how to file a complaint on a harassing debt collector. There are many federal and state agencies that have a mission of helping to protect consumers in Connecticut. These agencies include the following:
- The Federal Trade Commission
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- The Department of Banking in the state of Connecticut.
As a New Haven County Debt Relief Attorney I advise that it is appropriate to contact and report infringements of your rights to these agencies. All of these agencies have internal departments that document complaints by consumers.
If you need any assistance with filing a complaint against a debt collector, contact our experienced New Haven County Debt Relief Attorney.
- Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
- How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Illegal Debt Collection Activities
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
- The Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors