New London County Debtor Rights Attorney Explains the Punishments for Law Breaking Debt Collectors
Often times as a New London County Debtor Rights Attorney I get asked about the punishments for law break debt collectors. Under the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act, consumers have the right to bring suit against a debt collector and receive damages for violations of the law. This can be accomplished by working with an attorney to sue the debt collector regarding the violation. You can often recover at a minimum of a thousand dollars and in many circumstances where there are multiple violations of federal and state law, the recoveries can be considerable. Our experienced New London County Debtor Rights Lawyer can help consumers fully exercise their rights under federal law.
If you need help with a harassing debt collector, contact our experienced New London County Debtor Rights Attorney.
- Being Notified of Your Rights by a Debt Collector
- How to Stop Harassing Debt Collection Calls
- Getting Collection Calls That are Not from the Bank
- Illegal Debt Collection Activities
- Out of State Debt Collectors
- Receiving Multiple Harassing Collection Calls Per Day
- How to File a Complaint on a Debt Collector