Tolland County Debt Relief Attorney on Preventing Identity Theft with a Credit Report
Clients come to me as a Tolland County Debt Relief Attorney wanting to prevent identity theft. A credit thief creates a fake address and uses your social security card and birth date to steal your identity. You can review your credit report for fake addresses. I always advise my clients as a Tolland County Debt Relief Attorney that if they are a victim, report it immediately to one of the credit reporting agencies. Once you report it, you will fill out an affidavit from the Federal Trade Commission along with a police report.
If you have any questions or need assistance with preventing identity theft, contact our experienced Tolland County Debt Relief Attorney.
- The Importance of Credit Reports
- The Right to an Accurate Credit Report
- Obtaining a Copy of Your Credit Report
- Items that Can Negatively Impact Your Credit Score
- Common Credit Report Errors
- How to Dispute an Inaccurate Item on a Credit Report
- The Time Length of Negative Items on Your Credit Report
- How to Add a Note to a Credit Report